Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Out-of-touch politicians.

I ran across a news story about the Obama campaign hyperventilating about Romney saying that he won't worry about the 47% that will vote for whoever will give them the biggest share of the slops trough.  Jim Messina (warning: story at the link has a giant picture of the drooling, weak-chinned, watery-eyed moron--don't click on it while you're eating), the great zero's campaign manager, somehow interpreted that to mean that Romney felt “disgust and disdain for half of our fellow Americans.”

Romney's actual words were
“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it.

“That, that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax, so our message of low taxes doesn’t connect.”
I see no disgust.  I see frustration.  I see concern for the country, for those who pay taxes, and for future generations to come that will still be paying for what the government uses to pay off these lazy, entitled fuckers that whine about how they can't find a job concomitant with their overinflated opinion of their skills, ability, and worth. 

I will admit that I am one of the 49% that will get back far more in tax refund next spring than I have paid in for the last five years.  I'll accept the money, and I will use it to help afford to care for my family in an economy that the great zero has ruined.  Groceries have nearly doubled.  My family's health insurance now carries a $10 grand deductible per person so that we can cut the premium by $100/month, and keep it lower than our six-month payment on our car insurance, much less our now-paid-off mortgage.  Gas is half again higher than it was four years ago. 

But my paycheck isn't rising.  Odysseus's paycheck is also pretty static. 

Thanks, President Obama.  You did, indeed, build that.  You have fucked the useful part of this nation over so hard that it's bleeding, and crying for you to stop.

Romney isn't voicing disgust.  If you want to see disgust, listen to any of the 51% of the population that pays taxes, or the 53% that refuses to rely on government help. 

Despite how tight things are, I refuse to apply for food stamps (and I'm pretty sure that we're probably eligible for the maximum amount), or for Medicaid for the kids.  I have been in the 47%, and I see what they're like.  I take responsibility for myself.  I take responsibility for my family.

And, believe me, I do voice my disgust, loudly and in public, for those who refuse to do the same.  Because if I can get out, anyone can.  All it takes is determination, self-respect instead of a sense of entitlement, a willingness to do what's necessary, and a refusal to disdain any work that carries a paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.