Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A peaceful day...

Since we have a new puppy, someone had to stay home with her while the rest of the family visited my in-laws. 

Guess who's staying home.

I'm in the house by myself with two kittens, a puppy, and (apparently) a noisy horde of mice (one of which I saw this morning--a fat, dark gray specimen darted out from under the vacuum to hide in the closet).  No television on.  Just music.

Yes, I need to get up off my butt and go get to work in the kitchen.  Yes, I need to get the laundry going. 

I'm going to enjoy the peace and (mostly) quiet for a little while longer, and finish my cup of coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, I am...no television, no screaming, fighting munchkins, no grading...this is a much-needed respite.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.