Sunday, April 6, 2014

Well, I just got told.

So, not too long ago (before hustling them off to bed), the kids were sitting on the couch watching something.  They start bouncing around--which kinda defeats the purpose of getting them to settle down--and I asked them twice to stop that, be quiet, and be still. 

No such luck.  They weren't listening.

So I got loud. 

And the imp flinches, whips around to look at me, and says, "Momma!  Use your inside voice, not your outside voice, please!  Lower your volume!"

I will admit, I thought I was going to break a rib trying not to laugh.  But I did manage to explain, with a straight face, that I had asked nicely and quietly twice before I yelled, and that they hadn't listened.  I told him that if he doesn't like me to yell, he needs to listen and to do things the first time. 

His response?  "Oh, I sorry.  I will be better next time."


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We've done our best to train manners into the kids. They're very sweet, and adorable when they use them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Can you tell he's heard that from Momma pretty frequently?

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.