Monday, April 14, 2014

Achievement unlocked: dog torture

Yep.  I did it.  I brushed the dog.  Got enough undercoat stripped out that we could almost have another dog.  She's a shaggy little thing--we haven't shaved her since last spring--and has a lot of needed-to-shed undercoat that just got matted in her top coat when it came loose. 

She put up one hell of a fight.  No blood was drawn, but I'm exhausted, she's exhausted, and there's hair all over the floor (even if I did get most of it pried out of the brush and into the bucket next to me--and the bucket's about a third of the way full of Scotty dog hair). 

But I did it.  I tortured the dog.

At least, she thinks it's torture. 


2 comments:

  1. LOL, two more brushings and you can knit a new dog... Be glad you don't have an Akita... ONE instance of them blowing coat and you can knit TWO dogs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Scotty dog is bad enough. I don't want an Akita for more reasons than just the hair--the Scotty intelligence and stubbornness is bad enough. She's not very trainable because she can see what we want, and doesn't see what's in it for her, and just refuses.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.