Friday, November 16, 2012

Smart, or smart-alek?

My dog demonstrated one of the two possibilities earlier this week.  I'm still not sure which.

I'd gone into the kitchen to get a drink of water, and made note of the bowl of puppy food (half full), then filled the water.  She followed me, and buried her nose in her bowl.  I went back in and sat down. 

A few minutes later, I heard her get a drink, then heard the bottom of her dish scrape over the floor (rubber on linoleum). 

Next thing I knew, there was an empty food bowl sitting on my foot, and a Scotty puppy staring at me.  When I looked at her, she looked down at her bowl, then back up at me. 

Message received.

I took the bowl, filled it, and she emptied it again, but seemed satisfied, that time. 

I thought it was a fluke, until she did it again last night. 

So I ask you: smart dog, or smart ass dog?

2 comments:

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.