Monday, November 12, 2012

I am so sick of politics I could spit.

Yes, the nation screwed the pooch on the last election.  Yes, everyone's going to be paying for that for decades at best, and years at worst.* 

I'm sick of thinking about it.  I'm sick of hearing about it.  I'm sick of reading and writing about it.

I'm done.  I'm not going to write about the problems anymore.  We all know how it happened, and why. 

I'm not going to write about how to fix the problems, either, because there's no way in hell, short of total catastrophic breakdown, my ideas would ever be enacted.  It starts with the abolition of any "social safety net" provided by the government and ends with civics tests for those who would register to vote (and the removal from voting rolls of anyone taking a government paycheck on any level who is not serving in the military).

If I do write about any of these topics, they'll probably be written about on Fridays.  You know the posts.

What I am going to be writing about is going to be limited to the economy, any effects on my family, and how we're dealing with it.

I may also add more recipes, as I either run across or come up with good ones. 

If you have other topics you'd like to see me handle, let me know.

*If we're going to have a major collapse--or a major terrorist attack that causes such--it's more than likely going to happen within the next few years.  If not, we'll just keep on the long slow decline.  If we wind up with the incredible good luck of getting a congress that has the testicular and intestinal fortitude to fix things, it'll take decades, if not a century, to get back to where we were before we lost our triple-A credit rating.

2 comments:

  1. I feel much the same way. My job is probably secure (barring some kind of weird collapse of my state's economy, which seems unlikely). I just want to pull back and live my life and do my best to....I don't know, my best to whatever. Read more, or knit more, or cook more with frugal foods, or something. Just say "screw it all" to the outside world and live my life.

    I will say that one bright spot I see is that there seem to be a lot of cases lately where people are learning that their fellow citizens can provide help faster and better than the government can, and maybe people will begin to learn to rely on themselves and on other individuals again, rather than sitting on their butts waiting for some bureaucrat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your bright spot is possible because of people like us that see a need, and try to help, rather than calling the proper bureaucracy.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.