Monday, November 12, 2012

I think it's time to start teaching the kids formally...

The imp is starting to try to draw letters on his MagnaDoodle.  The pixie held up a block two days ago, and told me there was an -s on it (and there was). 

The problems right now are that the imp already knows most of the kindergarten curriculum book I got for him--he's got shapes, colors, and letters down, and is currently monofocused on learning his numbers.    The pixie can't speak clearly, yet (though she's getting better every day), but she knows colors and shapes pretty well.  She's aware of what letters and numbers are, and she knows the difference between the two if she sees them.  I'm going to be willing to bet that she's going to know as much in the book as the imp by the time she turns three. 

I'm going to have to start researching homeschooling curricula, like now.  Both kids really want to learn, and I want to take advantage of that. 

If any of y'all have any recommendations, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.