Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Not quite a candidate for Mother of the Year

I have been a mother for three and a half years, now.  Odysseus got his CCW not long after the imp's birth, and I got mine when the boy was 10 months old, and I could be away from him long enough at a stretch to take the class (four hours classroom time, four hours range time). 

I got my CCW because, as a mother, it is my responsibility (as well as Odysseus's, as a father) to protect my children.  Keep them safe.  I practice as much as I can (including shooting one-handed), and run scenarios in my head for what I'll do if this happens, or that happens. 

I cannot imagine a situation where I'd run away and leave my child(ren) at the mercy of someone who does not have any.  And this woman's explanation of her actions ("I thought if I ran with the purse, he'd chase me and leave my daughter alone,") sounds contrived.  And lame.  And, wow, but that is a lousy mother. 

I'd tell her to get a gun and get some training, but she doesn't live in a free state.  So, my best advice is this: move away to someplace that will let her get a gun and some training. 

I'd also advise taking some parenting classes, but that's just my disgust about the dropping the kid and running talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.