Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finishing up...

Saturday should see the last blog posts coming in.  Most of my students have already written and posted those last posts, and for the most part, the reactions to blogging were positive.  About a dozen students (out of around three dozen) plan to keep blogging at least a little.

All revisions (except one, who I gave one last extension to, because he's flying to Kentucky for an interview for a new job today) have been turned in and graded. 

One of the things I like best about the class website platform is the gradebook that figures the grades for me, and keeps them figured accurately.  I don't have to deal with students bugging me about what their grades are, or "Why is my grade so bad?"  When they can see the zeros where they didn't turn stuff in, they usually just ask if there's any way they can make up work, or what they can do to pass the class.  Usually, I accommodate, if I'm not insanely busy with a ton of new, turned in on time, grading. 

So, grading is mostly done.  Grades are mostly accurate, as far as I can tell.  All I have to do is turn them in the middle of next week, and I'm done with the actual class work until August. 

I'll probably start working on revising my textbook in June, though.  I need some time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.