Saturday, April 20, 2013

Random ramblings

A bit late, today, but it's been a difficult week. 

The kids are feeling it, too.  The imp is acting out--acting hyper, ignoring what he's told, doing what he wants when he wants, and disregarding spanks.  The pixie is extra whiny.

And I...I am having a difficult time staying on an even keel.  My kitchen is packed into my kids' bathroom to the point where it's only barely usable, and they can't get to the sink to brush their teeth.  And there's literally nowhere else to put stuff.  My living room has lost a quarter of its floor space to a lazy Susan corner cabinet, a sink base, and a couple of smaller cabinets stacked on top.  It's difficult to keep the kids from running around like crazy things in here, and nearly impossible to keep their toys out

So, yeah.  I'm falling behind.

The cats love the new cabinets in their boxes in the living room.  Now that they've figured out how to get up on them and down off of them, at least.  It took a bit. 

The pup is feeling better.  She got spayed on Wednesday.  She got home Wednesday afternoon, wobbled out of her carrier and into her crate, and slept until 9:30 before asking to go out to go pee.  Ate about three mouthfuls of food, got a good, long drink, then went back to bed and slept all night.  She felt a little better on Thursday, but not much.  Ate about half what she usually does over the course of the day.  Yesterday was better, and today she's nearly back to normal--which sucks, because she's still got stitches, and we can't let her run around and play, like she so desperately wants to do.

I have fallen behind on my grading.  I am not surprised, but I just can't bring myself to care.  The course, as designed, is shit.

As for writing...it's odd.  Lost Girls (tentative title--current project) is refusing to come out unless I start writing each chapter out long hand.  Once I've got that start, I've got no problems continuing on.  It's just weird. 

I'm currently waiting for word on whether or not I've got cover art for Pendragon.  Once I've got that, I'll post a sample chapter, then work on publishing.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, HH, She flaked. I can try someone else, if you'd like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Sokay. I'll figure something out. For instance, I found a pretty good public domain photo of castle ruins

      Delete
    2. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1429449/

      Singular or plural?

      Delete
    3. Plural. One is a vampire, the other isn't, but both have been rejected by their families.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.