Thursday, April 18, 2013

Can't...keep...my eyes...open.

The pixie woke me right at seven thirty this morning, knocking on her door.  I got up and walked the pup--who's feeling better, but still isn't 100% after her ordeal yesterday--got the pixie her breakfast, and realized that temptation is kind of out of my reach: no coffee in the pot, and I really should find a different place to put it before I make more.  I'll make do with a non-carbonated energy drink (with cranberry juice), and move and set up the pot for tomorrow.

We had the storm sirens go off, last night, just before two.  I woke, but Odysseus didn't hear them.  I shook him awake (scared the bat crap out of him--he was so deeply asleep, he didn't know I was there), then went and got the imp up and into the hall bathroom.  Went and got the pixie, and was treated to "I scared.  Storm too loud.  Want nurse?" 

Both kids used the potties and whined a bit, then exclaimed over the radar showing the storm on my laptop screen. 

The warning (there was rotation in the radar, but with how heavy the rain was, there was no way anybody would have been able to spot a tornado) ended about two thirty...and the imp went down pretty much immediately.  The pixie took a nurse and a couple of songs.  Both kids were so tired, and so scared by the disruption of their nights.

Odysseus waited for me to get back to bed before he put his book down and shut off his lamp, but wasn't awake fifteen minutes after that.

On the other hand...I just couldn't get back to sleep.  Not for a long time.  I think it was about three thirty or four before I got back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.