Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Gah. People.

I want to tell a bit of a story, basically what I know of a friend's backstory.

See, her mother got pregnant with her at seventeen at a drive-in theater (which is why I probably won't let my kids go on dates to our local one when they're old enough).  The biological father disappeared, and her mother eventually got married to someone else.

I met my friend in '98, just before I started college.  Not too long before she got married to another who also quickly became a friend.  We were close at college, but drifted apart afterwards.  We reconnected, and it seemed like no time had passed once I moved back to the area after I got my MA degree, about three or four years later. 

I found out that, during the time we'd been apart, her mother and step-father had divorced (after her step-father announced he was gay and moved his boyfriend in--which really messed up her little brother), and her biological father came back into the picture. 

That man is a whining, backstabbing, abusive cunt of the first degree.

My friend's marriage was never the strongest.  Instead of being supportive and trying to help, her male genetic donor (hereafter mgd) called her husband gay for liking his ex-father-in-law better.  Called him trash.  Pressured my friend to divorce him.  Pulled her mom into the middle of things, manipulated his daughter, his wife, and basically the entire situation to try to shift fault from himself to anybody or anything else.

He's rude, abusive, and dismissive toward all attempts to come to any kind of truce--he goes so far as to hang up on his daughter if she has the gall to call her own mother on her mother's home phone.

My friend has since divorced, remarried, and had a beautiful baby boy.  Babies take a lot of work, a lot of time, and a lot of energy both mental and physical. So, when my friend forgot to call for her mother's birthday or anniversary (not real clear on which), he left her a nasty message on her Facebook wall. 

I have known my friend much longer than he has--at least four years longer.  I know damn well she is not manipulative and backstabbing, as he's called her.  Nope, I'm pretty sure that's nothing more than projection. 

So, of course, being the nosy bitch I am (his words), I jumped on him with both feet to defend her--mentioned his lack of presence during her formative years (which he blamed on his father wanting to marry her mother), and pointed out what a hero he was for verbally attacking my friend in a public forum...at which point, he left me a nasty response with a bit of profanity, then deleted the whole posting, rather than let anybody else jump in to defend her. 

Nice, huh?

Well, today, he left me a long message via Facebook about how wrong I was about the whole situation, how he's the victim, and my friend is the lying backstabbing horror. 

Uh-huh.  Yup.  He reminds me of my mgd. 

  

And, for the record, I will jump in and defend any of my friends facing verbal attack by an asshole.  Unless it's a joke between friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.