Saturday, March 23, 2013

My dog, the prankster.

So, this morning, I walked the dog.  Afterwards, I tied her to the counter in the kitchen so she'd eat (she gets way too excited, otherwise). 

For the several months we've had the dog, we've done this.  Shadow, our black cat (who's too smart for her own good) sits just out of the dog's reach, and watches her.  This riles the dog up something fierce, but there's just not a damn thing she can do about it.

I found out that was wrong, this morning. 

So, the pup was tied to the counter with a freshly filled food and water dish.  I was in there for some reason--can't remember why, now--but I saw the dog look at the cat, then go get a drink.  She walked toward the cat while she was drinking.  Cat was giving her a look like, "What the fuck?  Are you retarded?"

The dog, if y'all remember, is a Scotty.  She's got the full, Scotty beard.  Which soaks up a lot of water. 

So, she gets to the limit of her leash, with half a bowl of water left, then checks the cat's location.  Yep, still there.  Staring.  With her head tilted at a ninety degree angle with her ears pointing into the living room. 

Dog adjusts her posture a bit, gets another drink...

...then flips her head up, hard, slinging water all over the cat.  I'm not talking about a little water, like what would come out of a mister bottle to get a cat off a counter.  I'm talking like most of what was left in the bowl, like about 2/3 of a cup.  Almost all in the cat's face. 

Cat turned wrong side out, and disappeared.  I didn't see her again for about two hours after that. 

She hasn't sat and stared at the dog while she's tied up since the dog got her a good one.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This dog is one of the smartest I've ever had. I love her to bits, and I'm not as much of a dog person.

      Delete
  2. Now that's funny. And people say animals are dumb. Pfft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I have one dumb animal. I have three animals--two cats and a dog. The dumb one is one of the cats.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.