Friday, March 22, 2013

Got some done today...

I got the wasted space in the hall bathroom (eventually, it won't be--it'll be turned into a walk-in closet for the master bedroom) cleared out of the junk we'd stored there.  Tomorrow, we'll be going out to get our shopping done*, and we'll be getting a basic closet kit: a rod and a shelf.  The empty space is 59" wide, and will do for what we need.  Especially since that's going to be where my teaching clothes will live.

We had a bookcase stored there, from when we were rushing to empty the third bedroom of my library, the night before the pixie arrived.  That's now in the master bedroom, and I think I can fit at least one more bookcase in there.  Maybe two.  That will make four bookcases, and will be enough for about half of our books. 

I've managed to get our breakable dishes packed away, as of yesterday.  I'm going to need Odysseus's help getting stuff transported to storage to make room for the stuff out of the kitchen cabinets.**  I'm not really happy with the idea of unloading the cabinets any more than I already have, right now: I have boxes stacked waist high to me (I know--at 4'11", it's not that high), and I don't have any other place for the stuff to go, yet. 

I'll be finished the hand-written notes on Pendragon tonight--or, at least, that's my goal.  Tomorrow afternoon will be set aside to start typing all of the stuff up.  It should be done by the middle of next week, at the latest.


*Wanna hear something awesome?  With the $100/year membership, Sam's Club has a major discount on my birth control ($8 off per month), and something they call evalues, which are basically instant, in-store rebates.  And this time, about half the stuff on my list is $2, $3, or $5 off.

**I'm building casseroles in aluminum half-sized disposable steamer trays to put into the freezer for while the kitchen cabinets and countertops are out of commission.  And we're going to be falling back on the paper plates and bowls, and plastic cutlery during that time, too.  All bought at Sam's Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.