Sunday, January 13, 2013

Semester officially starts tomorrow...

...and I'm already getting questions and complaints about the stupid class site.  Like the way the idiot who designed the class posted everything as a PDF document.  Including things the students are supposed to download, modify, then turn in.  A locked PDF document. 

Or another student who's going to be taking the finals from last semester during the first week of this semester, and is going to start class out behind because of all of the metric-shit-ton of busy work that is due before she's going to be able to work on it, and there's not a single fucking thing I can do about it.

I really hope that most of the students drop the class, for their sakes.  Because I have never had a single student who kept up perfectly all semester, and didn't need an extension, which I can't seem to grant any longer.  With very good students, that doesn't harm their grades much.  With mediocre students, or poor students, or students who suddenly have life take a huge, steaming, runny shit on them...well, that's a different story.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, good lord, I hate dealing with modifying .pdf documents, even IF the person who makes them remembers to set them to be "unlocked."

    What may be needed is for a large number of the good students to go and complain about the person who designed the class and locked the documents. I know on my campus people would be doing that. (And the poor students would be in my office, whining at me.)

    I don't know but it seems like people in positions of power are getting either stupider or less attentive to how they need to do things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a combination of both. Because those in power are also getting younger.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.