Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Early morning.

I woke up just before seven.  And I was so very wide awake, I knew I wasn't going to get back to sleep.  Wouldn't have mattered--the imp got up five minutes after I did.  And the pixie got up twenty minutes later. 

I've gotten their breakfast fixed and fed to them, my coffee warmed up, and the dishwasher hauled out and started.  I've got my classes checked on, and found...my students are still having issues with the class, but fewer.  I don't know if they're getting used to it, or if it's starting to work better.

Either way, there's so much busy work involved--which is bad enough in a class room, but is unconscionable in an online class where most of the students are taking it because they're working, or staying home with small children, not because they didn't get seats in a traditional class.  If a student starts falling behind, there is no way they can catch up and get a decent grade in the class.

And that leaves out the whole consideration of the group presentation project with a power point presentation instead of a paper.

I'm going to finish my coffee, and see if I can get some writing done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.