Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Finally!

I understand that the department secretary is a busy, busy person, between the beginning of a new semester, and babysitting the department faculty (you'd not believe how many lights/coffeepots/computers I had to turn off after faculty left for the day, much less how many didn't lock their office doors after themselves, when I was secretary help).  I get that. 

However.

My class lacking the ADA statement was a liability for the university.  And if one of my students had kicked up a fuss, it would have been my fault despite the fact that I did not design any of the class, or write the syllabus. 

I called Disability Services this morning--well, the "Student Success Center," whose secretary transferred me to the person in charge of Disability Services.  She emailed me the statement, as well as where to find it on the university's website.

That should make things much easier, in the future.  Because I looked for that wording for three weeks on the university's website, and wasn't able to find it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.