Friday, January 4, 2013

Badly thought out, there, guys.

I just stepped out the door and grabbed the mail.  We got a gas bill (lower than last December, by a little bit), and a piece of junk mail that triggered a bit of stunned snickering.  A badly thought out advertising postcard spammed by one of the local churches.  It reads, on the front,

Do you have a PLAN B for 2013?

Should a church be promoting themselves as a "Plan B"?  Because the first "plan B" that comes to mind for me is the morning after pill...and it's way too late for even a late-term abortion to avoid the shit the government is throwing at us.

Second, "plan B" to me is my GoTH plan: kill it before it fucks you over. 

Last...shouldn't God be plan A?

The reason churches are failing so badly is because of attitudes like the one that one displays in the ad.

2 comments:

  1. Likewise with "God is my co-pilot."

    I've actually seen bumper stickers that say, "If God is your co-pilot, you need to switch seats."

    "Plan B" right now only makes me think of the failed Boehner plan, so that's not such a good connotation either.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.