Friday, May 23, 2014

Long damn day...

Late to bed last night, and the plumber came this morning.  Ten minutes early, and really reasonable prices, so I'm not complaining.  Odysseus wouldn't have been able to clear the problem--it was under the house, and his shoulders are too wide to get through a crawl space designed just after WWII. 

And just after lunch, I babysat for a while.  That wasn't too much of a problem (although, the kid's gonna need to learn to tolerate sweat--this is MO, not AZ where the sweat dries instantly). 

No, the issue is that I'm going to be ready to pull my hair out if the whiny little "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy,...I want a lap" doesn't end soon.  It's been like that every two minutes for the last three days. 

And, in consequence, instead of finishing up the final edit and shifting the document from standard into the CreateSpace interior template (and fixing issues with the formatting that the transfer causes), I still have sixty pages to go. 

Which I plan to finish tonight, regardless.

So, with my lap limpet (and no, she's not sick, just clingy and irritating) now abed, I'm going to finish the edit.  I will finish the edit.

(And don't forget to download your free copy of The Last Pendragon.)

2 comments:

  1. Humidity tolerance is something that has to be built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I've lived here all my life. And even I don't like the humidity.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.