Sunday, May 4, 2014

GAH!

We did some household shopping, today, right before Odysseus really buckled down and started studying.  One of the things I've been keeping an eye out for, for the pixie, is a new swim suit.  We started at Sam's Club with the household shopping (and damn it, I forgot the kids' vitamins!), and I spotted children's swimsuits.  For $10-12 each.  Sizes 4-14. 

So, I pull out the size 4, and look at it: the legs are butt-cheek-baringly high-cut.  For a four year old. 

I put it back.  The pixie sorta liked it, but was more like 'meh, don't care.' 

And then we hit Walmart for a couple of things.  Initially, it was going to be one thing, but the pixie decided she was hungry and wanted popcorn chicken.  So, we all went in.  And I decided to look for suits there. 

And I despaired: all of the one piece suits had the high cut legs that would wedgie in to show off the entire butt.  It's one thing to have this type of an option for adult women, but for little girls???  And that wasn't even the worst

A bikini.  An honest-to-god bikini. It comes in zebra print, too. 

Okay, people: What. The.  Fuck

What kind of sick fuck puts their two year old in a bikini?

And then wonders why we have so many more pedophiles becoming bolder and bolder?

Any case...I did what I could to find something that I deemed appropriate: a tankini with boy-shorts.  Found one in pink camo up top, and hot pink on the bottom.  She already likes it more than anything else I spotted, and I think it'll be cute without trying to sexualize a tiny girl. 

But still, my mind boggles...a bikini.  For toddlers.  

12 comments:

  1. Maybe mothers who grew up in Barbados. We have one in our neighborhood and they frequent the pool very often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Missouri. It's hot here, in the summer, yes, but not tropics hot. And we do have a rather larger problem with pedos around here than I'm happy with.

      Delete
  2. Gah. When I was a tiny kid, there were very plain one-piece suits that covered your butt and your top and were FINE. Did it somehow become impossible to make those, some 40 years later.

    I agree with you on the oversexualization of clothes for little girls. It's disgusting. Sometimes I wonder if it ENCOURAGES some forms of pedophilia because it makes it seem "normal" for a little girl to be sexy. It most definitely ISN'T normal.

    Let kids be kids! They will have 60 years or so to be adults and deal with adult problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much. And a pedophile won't care whether the little girls/little boys are dressed "sexy" if they decide to target them, they just find it more attractive. And parents have become stupid where protecting their kids are concerned--they protect them from everything but being victimized by pedophiles.

      Delete
  3. I've seen this too. Seriously folks, let kids be kids. Whatever happened to the cute one piece suits with the little skirt ruffle for added modesty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad my daughters are grown... sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine isn't quite three and a half. I shouldn't be having to worry about being able to find something age appropriate.

      Delete
  5. We had the same struggles with Girlie Bear when she was little. Most of the clothes available at a decent price were merely copies of the clothes that I won't let her wear now that she's 15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? What are parents with morals and discernment not to dress their toddlers like hookers supposed to do, here?

      Delete
  6. I know this is flip, but in this case I am glad I have a son. You are correct on the assertion about the prostitot wear. I see stuff that would have scandalized my parents( and me since I am a bit of prude on certain things. Don't get me wrong, I admire the female form.....but in an age appropriate manner and seeing 10 year olds running in stuff that I used to see street walkers wear makes me wonder about the state of our society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, only I don't wonder about our society. I grieve for it.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.