Sunday, May 18, 2014

Frustration on all parts

So, a few minutes ago, I was trying to work with the imp on his letters.  He did okay up through about I, then he stopped following instructions, stopped trying, and protested that he was trying, and was listening. 

I was getting frustrated and angry, and he was getting frustrated and afraid he was going to get in trouble...and then he yawned great big.  Big, huge yawn.  Like three seconds long, and I could see his tonsils big. 

I mentioned that it seemed like he was getting tired, and that's why he wasn't listening...and then he threw a fit.  A screaming tantrum.  Well, he tried: I slapped a hand over his mouth and told him his sister was sleeping, and if he woke her up throwing a fit, he'd get a spank and a nap.  Shut the fit right down. 

He's down for a nap, now.  He told me he couldn't see the dotted lines very well.  He might have an easier time if they were a contrasting color from the paper and the lines, but...we have a laser printer.  And he's just not seeing how the letters are supposed to look on those worksheets. 

Or so he claims.  He doesn't seem to have any trouble when he's not tired. 

So, one thing fails, put the kid down for a nap and try something different. 

2 comments:

  1. Your efforts will give him a huge forward step in life. Now, it may not seem so, but I have the feeling you won't give up and he won't either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope so. He really, really wants an Iron Man suit of powered armor.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.