Sunday, July 15, 2012

Umm...excuse me?

0bama just leaned back and let rip with a doozy from the anal sphincter masquerading as his mouth:
"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. ... If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."
Umm...what?  Say I were to decide to open a used book store (highly unlikely--I possibly could, with all of the books I actually own, but I very rarely can be convinced to part with a book).  I'd have to spend the time to find a building I could afford to rent, I'd have to pay the permit fees for running a small business, and I'd have to spend all of my time running the store, with maybe one day off per week.  I might or might not make it, depending on several factors, including but not limited to where I were able to afford to rent (and how high the rent and utilities were), what kind of inventory I carried, how many hours I stayed open, my costs vs. my prices, a hefty dose of hard work, and an even larger dose of luck.

No, I wouldn't credit a teacher with my success.  I wouldn't credit the government to whom I'd paid the fees to be allowed to sell books--nor the government snatching money out of my pockets in the form of taxes on every fucking thing I bought, sold, or used (like electricity and water).

As it is, I worked damn hard keeping my temper to make it all the way through my masters' degree.  I did that.  No one else could do it for me.  I don't believe that individuals who build a business from scratch would enjoy being told that their hard work, planning, and luck counts for exactly as much as the nasty hag spreading her legs for another raise in welfare (i.e., getting pregnant).  

Then again, I'm not someone who got to the White House on affirmative action, either.

6 comments:

  1. Gotta admit I've been more than a little pissed about his comments too today. The only thing the government has done for my business over the past 30+ years is to erect one road block after another.

    The man is so stunningly ignorant there are simply no words to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, the big zero isn't ignorant. He's stupid. Ignorance can be repaired; stupid is forever.

      Delete
  2. Ok so if I start a business and I make it work how in the hell does the government help me out??

    I know several people who have started businesses and I don't see how the government helped?? Maybe it was that the government approved the buildings that were built?? Car Wash, Airline, Security Company. Oh the last one the gun permits.

    I see now, clear as mud....He is such a Dumbass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes my head explode. So no one can ever take any credit for their own hard work? Funny, he seems really good at taking credit for stuff (and pushing the blame for stuff that goes wrong onto other people).

    I predict this is part of some new tax scheme, that it's a "Hey, look, your success really isn't YOUR success after all, so fork it over."

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.