Monday, July 30, 2012

Lots of pain...

I got down on the floor to play with the kids, earlier.  The pixie climbed all over me, flopped onto my back with many hugs and kisses, and generally used me as a Mom-shaped jungle gym while trying to stay out of grab-and-tickle range. 

The imp, on the other hand...well, he stepped on me (which is against the play in the floor rules) twice, got spanked after ignoring the first "no," then jumped on my back onto his knees. 

My shoulders, from the back of my bra up (where he stepped and jumped on me) are killing me.  It's bad enough that a maximum dose of Aleve didn't do enough for me to bend enough to help the imp get dressed for bed. 

Currently, I have a dose of about 80 proof muscle relaxer next to my left elbow.  I've drank about two ounces, or so, and I'm still feeling the pain (though it's lessened.  Finally). 

I think I'm going to be down pretty hard for a good part of tomorrow, too. 

Damn it.

4 comments:

  1. But isn't it nice to have pain inflected in such a loving way. Eighty proof will do the job, when the bottle is empty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, the knee-jump was because the imp was mad about the spank. It took the other two ounces I'd poured to start to relax the knots. I'm still pretty sober, it's just the pain is dulled.

      But yeah, I do love wrestling with the kids. The giggles are so adorable, as are the pudgy little belly on the pixie, and knobby little knees on the imp.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.