Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's a bit before 8:00 in the morning...

...CDT, and I'm sitting in my back yard, watching my son wander around with a peanut butter cracker in his hand.  It's not a good breakfast, but it's something.  If I tried to get a good breakfast down him with the way he eats, he wouldn't be done before lunch, and wouldn't be able to go outside. 

I've got a 15 oz cup of coffee on the kids' plastic picnic table near my knee, a notebook and pen next to me, and this silly little netbook that desperately needs replaced in my lap.  I've got eight stories in the pipe, one started, and the baby and husband are still asleep (as far as I can tell from outside).

It's a pretty morning.  Wish I could enjoy it a bit more.

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least his peanut butter cracker is better than my fairly stale bagel with butter and mahaw jelly. Coffee is good though...give him a kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, Stephen. My family and I are praying for you and yours.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.