Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Now an even bigger fan of Dave Ramsey

Don't know who he is?  He's a guy that likes to change lives.  So many people are over their heads in debt, and so many of those have no idea how to even start getting out of it.  Ramsey tells them how to start. 

He also brags about having a credit rating of zero.  He does not take on debt.

Odysseus and I are on our way there.  We used to have a car payment.  We paid it off a bit after our second anniversary.  We used to have credit cards, but we paid those off even earlier.

Looks like we had the right idea more than six years early.  I am so glad I have no consumer debt.  I don't want any more government intrusion into my life than I have to have. 

4 comments:

  1. Just rack up the bills and file bankruptcy!

    I did and it was easy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They changed the bankruptcy laws a few years ago. People are now losing their homes to help pay their bills.

      It's not as easy as it used to be.

      Delete
  2. I have thought how much better off our country would be if all high school kids had to pass a Dave Ramsey course before graduation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got a good point, there, Duke. Personally, if I were ever elected President (a miracle, considering I would never run for it), I'd name Ramsey my treasury secretary.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.