Saturday, March 24, 2012

What the f***ing hell???

Okay, I can see the city approving a permit for a new strip club.  That neither surprises me nor bothers me.  Nor does it surprise or bother me that they licensed it for right next door to a convent/school--I'd imagine that most of the operational time would not be during school hours.

What shocks the hell out of me is that the owner/builder/investor thinks it's a good idea to build there.  I mean, how much business does he think he can afford to lose?

Judging by those of you who've clicked on that blue follower button (thanks again, everyone!), about 2/3 of my readers are guys.  Say you were the type to visit strip clubs.  Say you were excited about a new one opening up.  Say you went to go check it out.

Would you be willing to actually go into said strip club under the eyes of disapproving penguins?

I'm neither a guy, nor Catholic, but I can't help but think that would put a damper on any possibility of festivities.     

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't bother if it were located twenty miles away...my club days are far in the past..now. Years ago, I loved 'em. But, not next door to a church. It's nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odysseus's club days were past for the most part before he met me--at 21. Neither of us are social creatures. But yeah, it is nuts, especially next to a church that's lived in by women.

      Delete
  2. Never have been to one. Never had bachelors party, If I want to see someone strip, I just ask my wife. Safer that way. She won't hit me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did understand the attraction to strip clubs. Even if I did, I'm not sure the location would have an affect on my enjoyment or lack thereof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the location, it's that the nuns are currently out in force, protesting. If they just post a few near the entrance, looking on in clear disapproval, the strip club might well have problems with customers turning around and leaving again.

      Delete
  4. I understand the attraction, I'm a guy, I'm wired to understand the attraction. I've never been to a strip club, I don't drink very often, and never in bars/clubs - so what would I do in there beside look at badly lit naked women? Now if I happened to be the type of person who wanted to throw their money away on expensive booze, then - well - no. Not next to a convent. Just.... no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was beginning to think I was a bit nuts for thinking it would make a difference.

      Delete
    2. Hell, let the nuns earn extra $$ by moonlighting at the Club!

      Delete
    3. Are you kidding? Did you see them?

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.