Stephen got tagged with a meme. He didn't wanna tag anyone else, but it looked like fun, so here goes:
1. If you could pick a super power, what would it be?
On a Japanese cartoon (Naruto, for those who are curious), one character has the ability to clone himself several times to get tasks done/outnumber enemies in a fight, then dispel the clones when he's done. As a work from home mother and housewife, I would give several years' worth of paychecks for an ability like that--I could usually use about four or five more of me to get everything done.
2. If you could spend the day with someone (famous or not, still alive or not) who would it be?
My granddad (Mom's dad). He died when I was six months old. I'd love to get to know him, so that I could say I knew a grandparent that wasn't abusive in any way.
3. Have you ever won a contest, award, or prize?
A couple for writing--one for fiction, one for a scholarly essay. Other than that? Not really.
4. Tell us something about yourself that we don't already know.
I knit. I make a lot of my own sweaters, and made my daughter's christening gown. I hate knitting cables, though.
5. Take a picture of your desk where you keep your computer and post it without cleaning the desk first.
How am I supposed to do that? I don't have a desk. Work from home mom, remember? My work is all done on a laptop, and I don't really have much of a workspace beyond my lap and an end table that I use as an "off-limits" place to put stuff I don't want the kids touching. Someday, I hope to have an office/library with a desk, but right now, I don't.
As for tagging others...nobody has to play, but if you do, leave a comment telling me who is. I'd like to get to know my readers better.
58 minutes ago