Thursday, July 9, 2015

This is not my year.

January--pneumonia.
February--intestinal flu, and acquired gluten intolerance.
March--bronchitis.
April--possible stomach flu, possible food poisoning.

And in June, toward the end of the month, I felt a UTI coming on, so I started taking cranberry pills, and chugging water, and tried the Alka-Seltzer thing that supposedly works for my mom.  I thought my precautions knocked it out, but it came roaring back, and I went on a week of Cipro.  Took my last dose last night, and woke up with a backache this morning, on the right side.

Yep.  Fucking bladder infection traveled, and turned into a kidney infection.  Doc had the nurse shoot me in the hip with a horse's dose of keflex (with what felt like a horse needle).  She doesn't fuck around with potential kidney infections that don't respond to the antibiotic that takes out 90% of UTIs. 

I am outright dreading what August through December have in store.  Dreading it, I tell you. 

This has been a downright bad year for my health...and for my sanity.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you are just getting th next 18 months of bad out now. I'll keep my fingers crossed country that's th case.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.