Thursday, July 9, 2015

My God.

It's so cute!

Our local pawn shop has had a Colt 1908 Vest Pocket pistol for going on six months, now.  Today, they threw an offer at us that we couldn't refuse (especially with how much I wanted it the first time I saw it), by knocking $50 off of the tag price, if we paid cash, and paid the sales tax for us.

Odysseus went and got it for me.  I can pocket-carry the adorable little thing, and I can't do that with a Kel-Tec .32.

My new tiny gun was made in 1911, judging by the serial number, has some wear on the finish, and some nincompoop tightened the screw a bit too much on the factory original grip on the left hand side, and cracked it.

Seriously.  It's just too cute to be believed.

And, sorta, matches my Colt 1903 pocket hammerless.

I cannot wait to go shoot it.

Update:  By request, here's a pic of my 1903 and my 1908 (both of which were made in 1911).

5 comments:

  1. What Teeshooz said. Post a pic plz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking pistols. I'm guessing you shoot them and that they are not viewing pieces only. Nothing wrong with stuff to look at, but I prefer toys you play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's only one wall-hanger in the house--a Spanish Mauser from around the turn of the last century--and that's because it shoots minute of square yard at 25 yards.

      Yes, I have shot the 1903 Colt (quite well, thank you), and will shoot the 1908 that I have just acquired. I do not believe in collector's items that aren't used.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.