Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I don't care.

I don't care if someone calls themselves gay, straight, conservative, liberal, black, white, Oriental, Hispanic, atheist, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Shinto, Wiccan, Asatru, or something else I can't think of to name.  I don't care if someone's bright or dim.  I don't care. 

The main things I think are:

  • Is this person acting like/going to act like a threat to me, or to my family? 
  • Is this person acting courteous or rude/thoughtless?  
  • Is this person acting like an asshole?  
  • Is this person open to listening to facts and changing their minds when proven wrong, or are they close minded? 
  • Is this person capable of changing behaviors that prove destructive?
This is what I judge people on.  Most people are rude/thoughtless assholes that maintain their decided ignorance with a passion I find breathtakingly obnoxious. 

I do not care about political correctness, but I will keep my opinions on someone's politics to myself, unless and until I no longer can.  Many do not permit me to do that.  And then I get called names, that I don't care about, but still get worried about keeping my job because of.

And this is why I like individuals just fine, but don't like people in general. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, to all of the list. Also, I would add: "Is this person going to expect me to celebrate whatever it is about them that makes them different (eg., being gay) while telling me I am a bad and wrong person for being different from them in some way (e.g., being a Christian)?"

    I also agree with the liking individuals but not being able to stand "people."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you added is kinda covered, in my mind, by the "Is this person acting like an asshole?" question...because that isn't just acting like an asshole, that's *being* one.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.