Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Led Zeppelin is alive in the new generation of rock

Andrew Stockdale and Wolfmother have stepped up to (almost) fill those shoes.  "By the Sword," a piece done with Slash (former guitarist for Guns & Roses--and a genius) made me think it was one of Zepplin's songs that I somehow hadn't heard.  Here--have a listen:




And then I found this.  Close your eyes.  Listen.  Tell me it doesn't sound like Zeppelin:




I may have to look up more by this band.  I am impressed.  And looking for more quality music my kids can listen to, without me having to worry about language they're picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.