Friday, January 31, 2014

Great.

I have a sick pixie.  She's all congested, has a sore throat, and had a vomit incident this morning (though I think that's because she drank too much water too fast, and swallowed too much air with it).  She's lying on the couch, munching dry honey nut Cheerios. 

The imp managed, somehow, to sleep through the pixie's squawking that she was up, at seven.  He seems to be a happy boy, this morning. 

I'm not a very happy mommy, though.  I have a sick kid, and she's near impossible to keep settled so she can rest and get better faster.  I'm probably going to need to give her Benedryl at nap time and bedtime tonight, judging by the sound of her trying to breathe through the congestion, so that will help.  I've been trying to avoid giving her Tylenol or Ibuprofen, because she has a little fever that should probably be permitted to run its course to help her recover. 

I also have forty-seven papers to grade before Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. I give my ferrets benedryl . It's one of the few human medicines you can give ferrets. Sorry your child is sick. Working mom's have too much to juggle. I can remember how hard it was when we both worked and had two little kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when my kids are sick. I hate feeling helpless.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.