Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stupid online class platform...

Yesterday, I logged into the online class platform to get some grading done for a friend of mine who's overloaded with their online classes plus a bad set of eyes that looking at a computer screen for too long actively hurts. 

And the stupid fucking platform started giving me error messages.  Then wouldn't let me into the grade book. 

No biggie--I uninstalled and reinstalled Java.  Then got back into the platform.  It still wouldn't work, and a couple of messages popped up that the version I'd gotten wasn't the most recent, so I did it again.  And again, when the platform still didn't work, even when everything else did. 

By the time the platform started working again, it was 11:00 p.m., and I was too worked up to be able to go to sleep. 

This morning, the thing was working perfectly...after everything had gotten done, and after I'd gotten to sleep at 1:00 a.m. and was awakened at ten till seven by the kids getting up and playing. 

Needless to say, I've gotten jack and shit done today, other than a big pot of comfort food (hamburger stew with lots of potatoes, and biscuits) made, and a couple of repairs supervised (new outdoor faucet put in, and belt put back on the washing machine's pump) and paid for. 

Hopefully, it can be an early night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.