Saturday, February 9, 2013

???

I read a headline about Chicago police wanting a 12% pay raise

My first reaction was "Wait...what?  With their city's violent crime and murder rate?  How the fuck do they think they're worth it?"

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't say anything.  My pay raise next fall will be a bit higher than 12% over my current pay rate, as opposed to the $800/year pay cut I thought I was facing.

Then again...I guess I was right the first time.  I actually do the job I was hired to do.  I've had colleagues teaching literature classes stop me and tell me that my students write better than most of the other students they have in their classes.

So...Chicago cops?  Earn that pay raise before you demand it. 

I have.

2 comments:

  1. SEE MY POST OF TODAY ON PAY RAISES.....

    http://oldcatman-xxx.com/?p=13974

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Most people working government jobs get something like twice the equivalent private sector salary, when all benefits are figured in.

      And most government workers aren't worth it.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.