Monday, November 7, 2011

Flattered.

Either I'm doing something right, or I'm doing something wrong.

I went in to the department, today, to pick up a grade change request form* and check my mailbox. Odysseus had the imp and the pixie in the car with him, and just dropped me off so I could run in.

It took a little longer than I'd planned, because our temporary department head caught me and called me into his office to discuss my teacher evaluation results. He wanted to congratulate me, because he said that they were spectacular: some of the highest scores in the department, with the highest for an online course.

Either I'm doing something right, and my students are actually learning and appreciating what they're learning, or I'm way too easy on them.

I hope it's the former, because I'm one of the hardest graders in the department.

*I had a student dropped (involuntarily, and by bureaucratic paperwork error) from my summer course just slightly too late to be reinstated before grading time, but late enough that he didn't want to stop working and waste his summer. He kept working on the class work, and earned an A. Then he got the paperwork straightened out. All I have to do is turn in the paperwork for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.