Friday, January 30, 2009

In regarding to the legalized more than $800 billion theft?

I'm with Rush. And I don't even like the guy.

However. I also do not like the "bailout." I think it's a bad idea. I think it will make the Great Depression look no worse than the tech bubble of the 90s. I'm glad that all the Republicans voted against it (though, since my state's Republican representative voted for the first one, I will not vote for him for Senate).

I doubt, however, that they voted against it for the right reasons. It seems more likely to me that they didn't get the pork they wanted (despite what Pelosi said), than that they were taking a principled stand against what was there.

I think this bailout will come back to bite President Obama in the ass. I think that him telling Republicans to stop listening to Limbaugh will both bite President Obama in the ass, and swell Limbaugh's considerable ego to further intolerable levels. I think that the "I won" statement (i.e., you lost, so I get to do what I want) will come back to bite him in the ass.

President Obama. Yes, you won an unprecedented 53% of the vote. However. I do not believe that gives you a mandate from the people to do whatever the hell you want. I think that, rather, people did not see a difference between you and McCain (his mistake, not yours--you took admirable advantage of that lack of distinction), and decided to vote for the smoother, better looking, history-making candidate.

And yes, I'm saying you were elected because you weren't an ugly old white guy with a reedy voice.

You certainly weren't elected for the ideas that you didn't elaborate on in your vague messages of hope and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.