Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bring back global warming.

This weather? This nastiness in the Midwest? It killed one of my former students.

We had the "storm of the century" two years ago in January. Then a year ago in December. The only reason it hasn't knocked out power in my area this time is because it did both times before, and there are simply no more tree branches near the power lines.

That doesn't mean it doesn't endanger my friends (one of whom rolled her SUV--thank God she's not hurt), and kill my students.

I hate this icy shit.

2 comments:

  1. I hate this ice as well. Luth and I have been without power since Tuesday, and it apparently won't be coming back until maybe Monday.
    Brrr.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.