So, DaddyHawk over at Preachers and Horse Thieves nominated me for the Liebster Blog
As with all blog awards, there are rules:
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
5. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
6. Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
Okay, let’s run these down now.
1. Thank you, DaddyHawk.
2. 11 Random Facts About Me
· I knit.
· I have a driver's liscense, but don't drive.
· I detest politics with a bloody purple passion.
· I cannot stand most other women in general, and feminists in specific.
· I lost my sweet tooth when sweets became one of the worst triggers for morning sickness. No, I don't want it back.
· I started college as a teacher ed major, but didn't make it all the way through Intro to Teacher Ed before I knew I wanted nothing to do with working in public schools.
· I minored in Spanish, and can still understand spoken Spanish, and still dream in it.
· I went to Portland, OR, once. And once was one time too many.
· My go-to comfort drink is coffee. It can short out a panic attack if I can get some before one gets started.
· I hate most other parents of my acquaintance. So very many have spoiled their children, and don't see anything wrong with it. The rest? Dump their kids off into public schools, and then wonder why they can't read or write or do math.
· I hate my boobs. They're too damn big, and get in the way of properly shouldering a rifle.
3. 11 Questions for the blogs I nominate:
· Who is your favorite author and why?
Oh, lordy, does it have to be just one?? *Sigh.* I guess that would have to be Robert A. Heinlein. Because his books gave me the best idea of how to be a mentally and emotionally healthy adult, and how to handle meaningful relationships.
· What is your favorite adult beverage?
· Which Biblical verse (or other spiritual text quote) is the most meaningful to you and why?
Jesus wept. It, more than anything else, demonstrated that he shared in the human condition.
· What’s the coolest, bestest, most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
I shot a smiley face in a target, once.
· What is your favorite weapon and why?
I have two. My .308 Mauser, and my CZ-82. My Mauser because it calms my mind and soul to sit with forty to sixty rounds of .308 and concentrate on putting them on target. My CZ, because...well...I shot a smiley face in a target with it.
· What is your favorite sport in which to participate (watching it on TV from the sofa does not count)?
Um...I don't think my favorite physical activity counts as a sport.
· At what event (past, present, real or fictional) would you want to be present and why?
I desperately want to see a Quidditch match.
· What is the weirdest food combination that you like at which others raise an eyebrow?
I never paid attention. What do I care what other people think of me, outside of my friends?
· What is your biggest hypocrisy or double standard?
I expect more from married women than I do married men. I am almost always disappointed.
· What was your first car and would you own it again?
I still own my first car--well, our first car. A 2003 Civic LX. I love it, and we're not ever going to get rid of it.
· Which unfulfilled dream of yours do you most want to achieve in your lifetime and why?
I want to make a living writing. Because I'm sick to death of having to worry about offending the wrong minority by failing them for being fucking stupid, for refusing to do the work, or for plagiarizing a paper.
4. I really like DaddyHawk's questions--I'd like anyone who I nominated that wants to play to answer those.
5. 11 Blogs I want to nominate:
6. Notify the recipients.
I'll tag the ones I know don't read my blog, but my head's hurting too bad, and I forgot to do it while I was linking them.
(now edited--thanks for pointing out that I needed to, DaddyHawk--and those are some really cute pictures of the little one)