Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I thought about a political topic, but...

I decided it wasn't worth the headache today.

Especially not after receiving a letter from my insurance company (Golden Rule, for those who don't follow The FFOT, linked to the right) stating that they will not pre-approve my son's Synagis shots for RSV. That I have to have the prescription sent to the pharmacy (it was), the shot delivered and administered, with the claim sent after the fact before they'd admit whether they covered it or not.

In other words, I'm not only going to have to cover the two $1400 injections that they didn't admit they wouldn't cover from a specific pharmacy until they refused to pay for them, but risk covering all of the now-$2000+ monthly injections for all of next season (late October through mid-April).

You know what? Next year, I think I'll just save up the $12 grand, if I can, and find a pharmacy that'll cut me a discount if I leave the insurance totally out of it. As for now? I can't afford to pay for the shots, so I'll have to keep him out of public circulation as much as I can until RSV season is over.

Happy 30th birthday to me.

2 comments:

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.