Sunday, March 1, 2009

Must have made her "uncomfortable."

A student at a Connecticut university presented a speech advocating legalized concealed carry on college campuses, citing all of the deaths by firearm in gun-free zones. His instructor called a complaint into campus security.

Now this is the part that makes me extremely resistant to the idea of laws requiring the registration of firearms: "Upon entering the police station, the officers began to list off firearms that were registered under his name, and questioned him about where he kept them."

This strikes me as an immediate precursor to seizure of legally owned and kept weapons. This strikes me as tyranny.

I'm very pro-gun. I'm very much pro-free speech. In fact, it makes me uncomfortable when others around me express the opposite view.

Do you think I can get the ACLU to take my case? After all, it is the leftists that argue that everyone has a right to not be uncomfortable, not to be offended, and not to have their views challenged.

Oh, wait. "Everyone" is "everyone who thinks like me."

Watch for a post on my full second amendment views within the week. I'd do it tomorrow, but I've got grading to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.