Friday, February 6, 2009

Damn. Makes you wonder.

Two stories made me go "hmm...I wonder..."

The first? "Hmm...I wonder what they're trying to hide." Two Afghanis translated the Koran from Arabic into the local language. Because they wanted their fellow citizens to be able to read the Koran in a language they can understand, rather than depend on clerics that may not be trustworthy to translate it during services, they're facing the death penalty.

The second? "Hmm...I wonder just what they were doing that scared the pilot so badly." Six Iraqi men (presumably between the ages of 17 and 40) are suing American Airlines because the pilot canceled a flight rather than take off with them aboard the plane. They're claiming racism, descrimination, and all that happy horseshit. The pilot, whom I'm more inclined to believe, said that his decision was "based on a potential threat to security--not nationality."

Hmm...I wonder what both stories have in common...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.