Friday, February 6, 2009

Gah.

There are just so many things I want to say about President Obama's policies that I don't know where to start.

Let's just say that some I mildly disagree with, and some I think are misguided, and some are so stupid that they scare the shit out of me.

The ones I mildly disagree with are few enough that it's hard to say which ones they are. Clearly, keeping going with politics as usual in his cabinet picks is one of them. However, since it appears that he's trying to use his cabinet picks to offset his lack of experience, I won't bitch too much. Well, other than complaining about what appears to be a Democrat tendency to not pay their taxes while rasing them on everyone else.

I obviously think some of his policies are misguided. For instance, I don't like that he's permitting destructive embryonic stem cell research to go forward. I don't like his idea that fair practices mean exactly equal results in the workplace. I don't like the actions he wants to take to "fix" the economy--not only will they not work in the short run, but they'll make the results of FDR's policies, and the stagflation caused by Carter's policies, look mild in comparison.

I believe strongly that abortion on demand (i.e., using it as birth control) is wrong. If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, she should either use contraceptives, which prevent pregnancy from taking place at all, or abstain from sex altogether.

Many nations around the world agree with my view. And our Dear Leader has decided to re-fund overseas abortions. I'm sure that will go over well in Muslim nations.

Which leads me to the things that I think are so flat stupid they scare me. HE'S NOT TAKING HIS RESPONSIBILITIES TO PROTECT THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY SERIOUSLY. The way he's dealing with the terrorist regimes in the Middle East demonstrates that beyond a shadow of a doubt. Those regimes see his attempts at diplomacy as weak. And they will think that we will topple with the right shove.

And with the current administration, I can't say I think they're wrong.

I gave him a chance. I really did. He's blown it in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.