Thursday, February 16, 2023

What are you reading?

Here, let me make some recommendations.  All of these are available as Kindle Unlimited, so that if you're a subscriber (at $10/month), you can borrow and read these without risking something you don't enjoy.  


Dyce Dare--cozy mysteries.  Massive fun.

This one is one of my favorite comfort reads.  The book form of curling up in a blanket with a cup of something hot on a chilly, rainy day. 

This one was massive fun, but be aware that it's 1st person POV throughout, but switches which head you're in between two characters. 

LOTS of fun.  And yes, I do read Westerns with fair frequency.  Between J.L. Curtis and Peter Grant, the genre's really not dead. 

Sort of modern Western/law enforcement type story.  It's really interconnected shorter pieces that set up the characters and world that goes for several more books.

This is a pretty good variety of genres, I know, but I have read and enjoyed (or, in the case of the first, am reading and enjoying) each of the above books, and highly recommend them.

6 comments:

  1. If you're looking for a good Kindle read & you have Kindle Unlimited I'd like to suggest "Bob's Saucer Repair" by Jerry Boyd.
    Not too long a book but I really enjoyed it and the whole idea behind it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep that in mind. I'm pretty sure there's a bunch in the series.

      Delete
  2. I recently finished the new Pallas book 1 by Peter Nealen, if the next book is just as excellent, he has a series that is as good as the Praetorian series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually one for military sci-fi, but I'll look into his stuff. My other half says he enjoyed the series he read.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.