Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pen post, lot #2, post 1

Two weeks ago Friday, I won a lot of about a dozen pens on auction at ebay.  I was a nervous wreck--I sniped it at the last possible second.

Out of those pens was one that will be going up for sale as soon as I test it, then re-clean it: a Parker 45 in a dark blue.  It's a very pretty pen, with a medium nib (not my preference, honestly).

A little bit of history, here: the Parker 45 was the first cartridge fountain pen that Parker made.  I'm not precisely sure when the specific one in my possession was made and sold, but it does come with something that newer ones don't: an original squeeze converter.  The converter that has the metal frame around the rubber sac, with a squeeze-bar as part of the whole thing.  You dip the nib into the ink up to the grip section, then squeeze and let go slowly about three or four times for a full fill.

It's supposed to be one of the nicer, under-appreciated pens of Parker's lineup, but I haven't inked it up to try it out, yet, and don't really have the time to do so and try it out.  I need to have already started grading...and I haven't, yet.  I'm half a mind to do it anyway...

Never mind.  I'd intended to write with it, and take pictures to use to sell it (and post the pictures for y'all) but I can't find the damned camera. 

Maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.