Friday, April 17, 2015

FFOT: a couple things

First: the fucking idiot twatwaffles that re-did the living room wiring can fuck the fucking fuck off.  In simply replacing a ceiling fan that badly needed it, we found the wiring is FUBARed enough that turning the wall switch ON kicks the breaker OFF.

Second: My own guts.  My own guts can fuck the fucking fuck off.  With cheese.  I have somehow managed to develop a gluten intolerance.  I get something with wheat ingredients, even with "less than 2%" such as in canned soups, I wind up with sharp pain, cramping from one end of digestion to the other, headache, brain fog, bad gas, and horrible dreams.  Thank GOD this does not extend to whiskey, or I really WOULD cry.  And cuss.  And cry some more.  Because bourbon. 

4 comments:

  1. Several students in one of my classes, who talk, giggle, sleep, pass notes, and generally screw off, and then get upset when they earn 40%s on the exams (when the students who sit in the front row and take notes are earning in the mid-90%s) can FTFO. I am so done with the people in this class. They're so frustratingly immature and it scares me that we're about to unleash them on the working world (they're seniors). (And it upsets me also that I might wind up "carrying them on my back" with my tax dollars when they can't get a job because they're screw-offs.)

    They can also FTFO because they seem to think the fact that they are failing is my fault for making the class "too hard" and having standards that are 'too high." Hey, guys: about a quarter of the class is easily earning As. I don't think it's "too hard."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something like 90% of my class is doing well. Some are failing. I haven't heard any whining, yet, and will laugh in the face of any whiners. Because some of the ones with the best grades refuse to fall behind, no matter how much class they miss, through using the online platform and treating the class like an online class while they're sick or involved with family emergencies.

      I am really sorry a tendency toward migraines blocks you from drinking. And I wish I could send you some chocolate.

      Delete
  2. Truly sorry to hear that. Hope the doc can get you back to eating the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my friend. Truly, living on mostly meat isn't *that* much of a hardship... Steak I can have. ;)

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.