Alright, fine. Let me see...
I resolve to...
- stop worrying about things I can't do anything about.
- stop worrying about the alcoholism running through my family. I don't like feeling intoxicated, so that likely won't be a problem for me.
- stop worrying about my weight. It's stabilized at a higher number than I would like, and doesn't really go down even when I'm starving myself. I'm going to try talking to my doctor about a slightly higher dose of thyroid meds, which is the reason my weight has gone up.
- keep pecking at the clutter. The house is better than it was at this time last year, and with continued effort, will continue to improve.
- get the deck torn down, and the back yard fence repaired/extended. Planning on that during any February/March warm spells.
- get a few raised garden beds put together, one for chilis and jalapenos, one for tomatoes, onions, potatoes, etc. Oh, and one for herbs in a sunny corner in the front. (March/April)
- take the kids out to the back yard to play more during good weather in the spring and summer, no matter how much I actually hate being outside. It's worse on Odysseus because he has terrible allergies.
I think that's all, but that's enough to be getting on with. I'd resolve to stop hating the mess around holidays, but I never set myself up for automatic failure.
Time to go check on my black-eyed peas...which I need to make more often, despite being the only one in the house that likes them.