Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Out with 2013...

...in with 2014, one year closer to King Putt being peacefully deposed.*

My house is less cluttered than this time last year.  I can't say it's cleaner because my hair is six inches longer, which leaves bigger hairballs when I shed...and our vacuum's motor crapped out.  With planning to send the imp to private school, that really doesn't leave much slack in the budget.

I published two books in 2013: The Last Pendragon, and Highway to Tartarus.  

The kids continue to grow, and learn, and stun everyone around them speechless with the things that they say: Christmas Eve dinner included sliced ham and cheese pieces for the kids.  The pixie picks up a piece, and says, "Oh, look!  It's a trapezoid!"  The imp asks her to hold it up then confirms that it was, indeed.  And so it was.  Keep in mind: she's three.  Barely.  As in turned three twenty days before that. 

Odysseus began taking classes to earn his CPA certification.  He completed six out of a needed 27 credit hours, and is signed up for nine more this coming semester.  He also started swimming in the university pool during open swim hours. 

And we learned, early in the year, that our health insurance plan had been grandfathered in.  Yeah, the price has gone up, but it's nowhere near as bad as it could be. 

All in all, 2013 wasn't terrible for us. 

My resolutions for 2014 are as follows:

1. Keep decluttering and simplifying my home and my life.

2. Finish and publish Pendragon Resurgent and Fire and Forge.**

3. Start homeschooling the pixie while the imp is off at Catholic school.  I'd homeschool him, too; however, the little twerp refuses to show me what he can do until he's certain he's got it down.  That includes letters and sounds. 

4. Get more comfortable driving.  This one is a necessity.  And while I do, I'll pray that the bad driving endemic on my dad's side of the family isn't genetic. 


*I hope.

**I have had a request to add a glossary of characters in the Modern Gods books--who they are, what they do, which pantheon they come from, and associated prophecies and such.  I think I'll add that to the next book, but should I post it in the blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.