Saturday, December 14, 2013

Been a busy day...

So, today, we had a couple of friends of ours over.  Morning had me scrambling around, cleaning up messes, while the main part of lunch roasted in the crock pot (I put a mesquite seasoned pork loin in at eight or so, and dumped barbecue sauce on it around ten, then turned it down to low).  Lunch was that, steamed, mixed veggies (corn, green beans, peas, and carrots), and corn bread.  Yummy, yummy cornbread. 

More cleanup after lunch (thankfully not a whole lot), and then laundry.  The chore that really never ends, because at the end of the day when you've got everything clean, you undress to go to bed...and there are more dirty clothes. 

Odysseus worked this evening, so I was by myself with the kids from about three thirty to the time I finally got them into bed...but at least they helped a little bit with stuff.

Now...now, it's time for me to write.  Because I am not going to do another fucking lick of housework.  I want to get at least the chapter I'm working on done, and then get to bed on this side of midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.