Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Ah...break.

Today, tomorrow, and Friday are Thanksgiving Break on most college campuses nationwide.  Today, I'll be catching up on writing that I haven't gotten done (and trying to get ahead--aiming at 6,000-9,000 words today), and housework.  I have clean laundry to put away, and dirty laundry to wash.  Same with dishes. 

Odysseus has a few chores, now that his shoulder is recovered--first, and most important is getting the air conditioner out of the back room window, and getting that covered with something.  Covering the back door would probably also be a good idea, considering that the storm door absolutely doesn't do jack. 

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day.  I need to contact my mother-in-law and see if there's anything she'd like for me to bring, and pack an overnight bag for the pixie (she was on Daddy's lap when he called to finalize plans, and ended up talking to Grandma, telling her how much the pixie missed Grandma and Grandpa, and a couple of "I love you"s in a sweet little voice).  Other than that...well, I need to try to get ahead on my writing, just in case I don't put any words on the page tomorrow. 

Friday...Friday, Odysseus will go get the pixie, and then we'll hunker down and hide from the barbarian horde Black Friday shoppers. And I'll write some more.  With luck, I'll be finished with a first draft of Resurgent by the end of Saturday...because I'm something like 2/3 of the way done, now. I'm on chapter 16 out of a planned 21 or so, plus epilogue. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.