Thursday, October 4, 2012

I'd rather be reading.

Hell, I'd rather be having my teeth cleaned, but there you go.

I have papers to collect from my email, then grade.  It usually takes forever to do--twenty papers to download, and twenty minutes per paper.  One class's worth of papers takes seven hours, minimum, to grade.  And I can't spend seven hours straight doing nothing but grading.  I have housework, kids, pets, and sanity to consider. 

Not to mention a disgusted certainty that about half of the papers that should be revised will not get revised. 

So...I'd rather be reading.  Or writing.  Or cleaning up runny poo, whether human or animal.  Anything but grading papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.